Last updated: 5th September 2021
The Prolific Reserver Chrome extension, and the Prolific Reserver website were both developed by Felix Peter and are intended for use as is.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
Your Stripe Customer ID, and any information entered by you during the Stripe checkout (included but not limited to email and billing address)
Your Email address
How do we collect your data?
If you purchase a key via our website, information you enter on Stripe's checkout page will be stored by Stripe, and will be accessible by us.
When your checkout payment has successfully completed we will separately store your Stripe Customer ID.
Your Email address will be stored if you choose to enable email notifications in the Prolific Reserver Chrome extension, and enter your email address
Your Email address will be stored if you request a free trial of Prolific Reserver.
How will we use your data?
Stripe Customer ID and Stripe transaction information: A paid key is required to use the Prolific Reserver Chrome extension. We keep this information so that we can confirm you have purchased a key and are permitted to use the extension.
Your Email address: This will only be used to send you notifications when the Chrome extension has reserved you a place on a study. These notifications are optional, and disabled until you switch them on, and provide your email address.
If you request a free trial of Prolific Reserver we will also store this email address, to prevent users from requesting multiple free trials.
How do we store your data?
We will store your data in a Google Firebase Realtime Database. The database is located in Belgium (europe-west1).
Additionally when storing your data, it will go via a Google Firebase Cloud Functions server located in the United States (us-central1).
(Some of this data may be temporarily retained in logs)
We will keep your data indefinitely. If Prolific Reserver ceases operations, we will delete your data from our Firebase Database.
We will also delete your data from our Firebase Database if requested by you.
In either case we may maintain some of your data in Stripe in order to process refunds or other necessary actions related to your transaction.
Third party services ee integrate with:
We make use of Google Firebase's Cloud Functions and Google Firebase's Realtime Databases in order to store your data.
We will never contact you with marketing offers.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Us copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that We correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request We to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that We erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to We’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that We transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
How to contact us
Email us at: